As an Unregistered User you will not be able to participate in the Spokane online community
by adding articles or calendar events, commenting, posting on the forum or receiving newsletters and notifications.

HomeHomeWelcome - Say H...Welcome - Say H...Say Hello HereSay Hello HereTIme to Say goodbye to the SpokanePermaculture.org websiteTIme to Say goodbye to the SpokanePermaculture.org website
Previous

Next
New Post
1/27/2019 8:18 AM

Hello All,

It is a bittersweet moment to consider finally bringing the www.SpokanePermaculture.org Website to a final close.  

I first developed the website in 2012-2013 right after my wife Cara and I moved to Spokane.  There had just been a PDC offered in Spokane and there was a new crop of Permaculture enthusiasts in our area.  I was a career software developer so my thoughts were that FACEBOOK was just not a good device to provide a permanent community collection of articles and resources.  So, as my community service project, I committed to building a more feature rich portal that could be open to everyone as a central bulletin board.  

Over the next few years the website project brought many different people together.  Many people shared in the design and content... and pain of learning.   Even though it was designed as a community system where everyone could add their own events and articles, I could never get past the fact that many people would just email me something and say "Post it for me."  Over time I just couldn't/wouldn't keep up.  The truth is that the system was just too complicated for most people compared to Facebook and the benefits were just not sufficient enough to draw people in and keep them engaged.

There have been no new articles or community events added in the last year. I am sure that there are Permaculture/Agriculture projects going all over but I must assume that they mostly have their own Facebook sites to communicate with interested people.  It is time to call it.  

February 28, 2019 will be the last day that the www.SpokanePermaculture.org will be available.  I hope this will give anyone who is interested in reviewing or copying the content or reaching out to other members before the site is officially down.

I will no longer maintain the SpokanePermacuture.org domain name so I would be happy to transfer it to someone in our area that would like to use it for their site.  This domain name can actually be used to to directly to a FACEBOOK site.

Personally, I feel enriched by all of the people I met and interacted with.  I leaned so much.  I miss you all.  Perhaps a Goodbye Party would be in order!

Blessings to you all,

Mike Hagar

New Post
1/28/2019 7:38 AM

For those who have tried to post a reply and have not remembered your password after years...  Apparently the "Update Password" function is no longer working.

I have fallen behind on System updates and now many aspects of security have been shut off even to me.  So please send any replies directly to me by selecting "REPLY" on your email system.  I you would like I would be happy to post your anything you like under your name.

Mike

Previous

Next
HomeHomeWelcome - Say H...Welcome - Say H...Say Hello HereSay Hello HereTIme to Say goodbye to the SpokanePermaculture.org websiteTIme to Say goodbye to the SpokanePermaculture.org website

If you have any questions, comments or problems please contact us at
Support@SpokanePermaculture.org