HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Large (rural) P...Large (rural) P...Spring Potluck and Get TogetherSpring Potluck and Get Together
Previous

Next
New Post
3/10/2017 12:53 PM

Spring Potluck and Get Together  (United States)

Hello All,

It has been a long and cold winter and I am sure that everyone else is ready for spring.   Let's get together and have a Spring Potluck.  We can talk about the winter (-22 degrees here), new spring strategies, hopefully meet some new people... and just have fun.

Cara and I were thinking about March 26, 2017 2pm at our house in Mead.  Snow will be gone and our first crop of mud will be abundant.   It will be great to touch hands with our elders, new babies, old member dropouts (you, Daryl), and the steadfast group of "Large Rural Project" Permaculturists that have evolved within the Spokane Area.  I will not name names because I am sure that I will miss someone whose feelings are too important to me. (I am still calling out Daryl :-0  ).    I miss seeing all of you.

This is an open invitation to anyone in the area, young, old, tribal, suburban gardeners, rural farmers and climate scientists (you heard that right).

Cara has promised a main course and everyone is invited to bring something to share.  (Personal Note:  I might go homicidal if I see another squash ANYTHING before next winter.  Just sayin')  

Comment here if you can come... or if there are other dates that might work better (be quick on this one). 

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Mike

New Post
3/10/2017 1:41 PM

Sounds great. We sure need it. We'll be there.

New Post
3/10/2017 2:38 PM

We're in too!!!

New Post
3/15/2017 10:27 PM

Bob and I will come! Be prepared to die - we will likely bring either curcubita maxima or curcubita pepo to share. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

New Post
3/16/2017 11:10 AM

Oh No! Not the curcubita MAXIMA... I am not afraid... I will bring out the Big Fork. Glad you are coming Kamori and Bob.

For the Gear Geeks out there, I have purchased a full "Johnny Bucket Jr." setup for my Cub Cadet garden tractor. It has a baby front end scoop, blade and sleeve hitch... ALL electric worm drive driven. It is as close as I will get to a real tractor.

I am sure there are lots of things to share. If there are Pictures that people want to share about their winter experience just load them on a thumb drive and we will share them up on the big screen. If you don't know what a thumb drive is just bring your album.

In addition I would like some direction on the course of the website SpokanePermaculture.org. It is time to change or go to sleep in the mystery forever. My original hope was to create a virtual gathering point for Spokane area permies that could lead to more regular meetings and social support. It grew great guns until last year and then faded. Help me figure out what is next.

Looking forward,
Mike

New Post
3/16/2017 3:26 PM

Barring sudden field work, I should be there. No squash, got it.

New Post
3/26/2017 9:02 AM

Hello All,

Sorry for the late reminder. Today is the day for the Spokane Permaculture Group Pot Luck and Get Together at 2:00 pm.

In case anyone needs my address it is:

12006 N. Fairview Rd.
Mead, WA 99021

Anyone interested in Permaculture is invited. You can rub elbows with the most experienced Permaculture Homesteaders in the Spokane Area.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Mike

New Post
3/26/2017 10:53 AM

Sorry we won't be able to make it. Have fun!

Previous

Next
HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Large (rural) P...Large (rural) P...Spring Potluck and Get TogetherSpring Potluck and Get Together

If you have any questions, comments or problems please contact us at
Support@SpokanePermaculture.org